MuchBetter is revolutionising the payments space.
Offering a variety of products including a digital wallet app, wearables, cash vouchers and more, MuchBetter serves over one million users across 100+ markets in over 16 languages.
The MuchBetter Wallet allows customers to spend, send, and store money securely, all from their mobile phones with the ability to pair MuchBetter Wearables, such as key fobs, watches, and more to make contactless payments.
Our newest product, MuchBetter Gateway has been designed to power e-commerce performance through localised payment processors.
The overall responsibility of this role is to manage the Company’s accounting and financial activities, including the month end financial close and reporting. This includes maintaining accurate financial records and providing financial insight and analysis to support decision-making. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of accounting principles, experience with financial reporting, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Prepare, reconcile, and review monthly journal entries for various operating companies.
- Produce financial statements including profit and loss accounts, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Complete consolidation of legal entities in the Group.
- Analyse and reconcile general ledger accounts and sub-ledgers.
- Produce annual statutory accounts in management accounts format.
- Calculation, presentation, and payment of VAT.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting.
- Assist in cash flow management and forecasting.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations.
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Prepare and liaise with External Auditors during Audit/year end process.
- Support responses to stakeholder questions.
- Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA or similar) with 2+ years’ experience in an accounting position.
- Deep working knowledge of accounting standards (UK GAAP, IFRS).
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- Significant experience of leading the production and delivery of financial reporting.
- A competitive salary
- BUPA Health Insurance for you and your Spouse/Dependents up to the age of 18
- BUPA Dental Insurance for you and your Spouse/Dependents up to the age of 18
- Aviva Pension
- 25 Days annual leave + all bank holidays
- 1 extra day annual leave for your birthday
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme