MuchBetter is revolutionising the payments space.
Offering a variety of products including a digital wallet app, wearables, cash vouchers and more, MuchBetter serves over one million users across 100+ markets in over 16 languages.
The MuchBetter Wallet allows customers to spend, send, and store money securely, all from their mobile phones with the ability to pair MuchBetter Wearables, such as key fobs, watches, and more to make contactless payments.
Our newest product, MuchBetter Gateway has been designed to power e-commerce performance through localised payment processors.
The Customer Operations Executive will assist MuchBetter’s customers through different communications channels in their languages of proficiency and other languages with the help of translation tools and existing content. They will provide customer support proactively and reactively to ensure the continued and smooth operation of the business, by guiding customers and troubleshooting the use of the app, features and services as well as monitoring for potential fraud and run proper customer verification processes. They will work towards achieving or improving the goals proposed by the business and will contribute actively towards achieving business unit goals and targets.
- Review, investigate, and answer tickets effectively and efficiently, to assist customers in the use of the MuchBetter app, features, products, and services.
- Seek high levels of productivity in solved customer tickets with high standards of accuracy in the troubleshooting of each case and quality of email replies and task completion.
- Run proper screening and verification of identity proactively and reactively.
- Review transactions, identify patterns, assess risk, and take appropriate action.
- Process withdrawals, transfers and complete any pending transactions after proper review.
- Handling system and transaction alerts per company’s guidelines and current instructions.
- Proactively and reactively handling chargebacks, returns (and the respective investigation and disputes) as well as any reversed transactions.
- Identify and report any suspicious activity, potential money laundering, or terrorist funding activities per company policies to our AMLO.
- Liaise with third party providers, suppliers, merchants, or payment processors on behalf of our customers and the business.
- Assist with internal translations and content updates as needed.
- Attend, or complete all required ad-hoc training, refresher training and statutory modules.
- Assist in the preparation of learning material and presentation of training as required by the business based on your area of work, tasks, and experience in the job.
- Adhere by the policies and procedures of the company and the business unit.
- Carry on ad-hoc projects or tasks within operations or for teams as assigned by their respective Team Leader or Head of Operations.
Qualifications / Experience required
- Proficiency in English and a second/third language.
- High-school diploma or certificate or the equivalent in the country of origin (if the education was completed outside the country of potential employment).
- At least 2 years of customer service experience.
- Trainings, advanced certificates, or proven experience with the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Good to great typing skills (speed and accuracy).
- Proficiency in more than two languages is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in online payments and fraud prevention (eCommerce, mCommerce).
- Knowledge and experience with global document verification, KYC and AML/CFT procedures.
- Content management experience (template and policy/procedure creation, editing and translation).
Competencies or Soft Skills
- Great communication (assertive, courteous, and kind).
- Passion for problem solving, investigating, and helping customers (Customer service oriented).
- Strong work ethic, honesty, and sense of confidentially (business and customer data) are a must.
- Ability to work in teams, contribute, cooperate, and create synergy.
- Skilled to learn fast, be or become a self-solver and a good decision maker.
- Skilled to multi-task consistently (high productivity in tasks and customer tickets).
- Detail and quality oriented to keep mistakes to a minimum and avoid repeating them.
- Ability to adapt to changes, handle interruptions and work under pressure.
- Ability to focus and remain focused in a repetitive or changing task for long periods.